Tuesday 22 July 2014

Finish Along - week 1


A week into my finish along challenge and no finish to report - but some progress.

Thank you to everyone who looked at my blog last week and commented on here or on Instagram - I'll get to grips with blogging and make it more 'fancy pants' in time.

Whilst this weekend did feature a lot of sewing it was sadly mainly taking up our dining room curtains. Embarrassingly we took them down last August when we redecorated, I half took up one and then, as seems to be a theme with me, they ended up being shoved in my sewing room and then moved around there getting in the way for nearly a year.

Lots of sitting on our bed watching tv got them all sorted, back up, and more space in my sewing room again.



I did finish my Posy quilt top from my finish along and whilst my sashing isn't perfect I'm pretty pleased with it (it's my first attempt at sashing like this) so this week's target is to baste and quilt this: 


In true fashion I did start something new this week, I got caught up with the v stitch crochet 'craze' and started a new random blanket. It's quick, portable and is just using Stylecraft Special DK from my stash. 


It's the one time of year when I wish I'd done more with my PGCE than put the certificate in a folder. 6 weeks summer holiday would suit me just lovely right now. I did however get 30 minutes in the sunshine crocheting at work this lunch time - if only I could bring my sewing machine to work on my bike.....



1 comment:

  1. I love the Posy quilt, such pretty colours, and I can't see what's wrong with the sashing.

    I too did boring sewing over the weekend - mending a rip in a shirt sleeve and shortening a pair of trousers - but it is good to get those sort of jobs out of the way so you can enjoy some more fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete