Tuesday 3 March 2015

So long February Fresh Sewing Day

On Sunday we had a rare day where neither of us had any plans - no work, theatre, Guiding, social, family commitments or anything else we had to do. Part of me saw a day of sewing ahead, but Nick wanted to go to the Spring Gala on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, and since he's just spent 2 weeks putting in a huge number of hours at the theatre who was I to argue. It was a lovely but long day and meant no sewing to start the month. I did take my crochet though and ploughed on with that when I could, much to the amusement of some older gentlemen on one of the trains...





Turns out in February I was not only bad at making things I was also bad at taking photos of what I had made so I had to do some snapping last night.

I did make an infinity scarf using some of Katy Jones' Priory Square Knit in Clover. Really nice to wear and got some lovely comments at work wearing it too.




I also finished this quilt top, my Leeds MQG Round Robin round 1 (it's a secret but it's in the bag I promise!) This was my first time foundation paper piecing and I see more in my future for sure.




My sewing at the Leeds MQG February meeting was rather more unplanned than I'd hoped - as in dashing round that morning before driving over to Leeds grabbing stuff from my sewing room - so I didn't achieve anything on my finish-along list. However I took a little pile of hst squares and made them into windmills (I think I'm going to mix these up with some red squares and make into something on my next finish-along list), finished one little dumpling bag that had been half done for over a year and started another.


  

Our March Leeds MQG meeting is all about making more quilts for Siblings Together and I made a start after the last meeting doing lots of fabric cutting using fabrics kindly donated by members. Looking forward to these turning into quilts in a couple of weeks.





I also made 5 blocks for Mary Emmen's quilts for Siblings Together too, I couldn't believe I found 43 different blue/green/grey/black boyish fabrics so easily in my stash - it's lovely to be able to contribute something to a project like this and why I love the online quilting community so much.




Crochet also featured heavily in February, I had to remake my square for The Patchwork Heart's community crochet blanket at Royal Mail delivered an empty envelope the first time.





Then I worked on more and more rounds of my Sophie's Universe Crochet Along I'm a little behind but loving doing something out of my comfort zone and seeing all the different stitches turn into something beautiful.




So that was February - not too shabby as it turns out. This week I need to finally get on with some quilting so I *hope* to have some big finishes to share soon.

Linking up with:

Fresh Sewing Day



1 comment:

  1. Your crochet is beautiful! I can only just about manage a granny square myself. The Siblings Together blocks are gorgeous, too. :) Dunno why you say you've been bad at making things, it looks like you've done loads!

    ReplyDelete