Friday 15 January 2016

2016 Finish-A-Long Quarter 1 list


New Year New Start

Last year the Finish-A-Long was a bit (ok a pretty total) fail.

This year I want to get back into finishing what I've started so I can clear the decks and start some proper guilt free sewing.

So I'm linking up with the Finish-A-Long to try and motivate me to get there, here's my list:


1. Splitting Squares Quilt

Perpetually not finished, has now been quilted (that was back in November) just needs binding, and I found the fabric I got to do that the other week. So no excuses, it's off to Siblings Together for this one soon.



2. Hourglass Quilt

I pulled and cut this quilt, and made the blocks last March for my brother's 30th - then decided I wasn't really sure about it, hadn't left enough time, and that an Amazon voucher was a lot easier. I need to find the blocks and make them into a quilt though - not sure what I'll do with it when it's done, we'll see.



3. Sophie's Universe CAL

I normally don't include crochet on here, but I joined in with the great Sophie's Universe CAL last year, being circular as each week progressed it got harder to carry around and also each round took longer. So in March it got shelved. I need to find it, the yarn, and the pattern and get it finished. I have a few crochet WIPs and I intend to add one to each of the FAL lists this year to clear these stubborn old projects.





4. Star EPP

I'll be honest I don't know where this is, but I never finished it. Mission, find it, finish it, turn it into a lovely cushion and gift it!




5. Arragon Bag

So nearly finish, so hate the lining - after a year of sitting about very nearly finished it needs sorting! And the coordinating zippy and drawstring bags made so I can use it for taking to sewing days as planned so long ago now.



6. I spy plus Quilt

Started on Boxing Day as a Christmas present for friends (obviously!) Really want to get this done over the next week.




7. Anything Goes Bee Quilt

Such an old WIP, I was in this bee in 2012/13 didn't make the blocks big enough for a quilt so need to make some more and then it's off to Sibling's Together too. 


8. Leeds MQG Round Robin Quilt

I can't share a photo of this as I haven't had it back yet - but I need to get my top back possibly add more borders, quilt and then decide on it's fate too - I'm going to wait until I've seen it to decide. 


So 8 projects at various stages to get out of the sewing room and in use/passed on this quarter. Thanks to the team running the Finish-A-Long this year. 







No comments:

Post a Comment