Thursday 9 April 2015

2015 Finish-Along Quarter 2 List

Not sure how it can be time to write my Quarter 2 list already but here goes:

It's a fairly easy one, 8 carry overs and then 2 new ones to add on the end. At the moment *touch wood* I seem to have my sew-jo well and truly back so *hopefully* they'll be some "I've finished something" posts soon.


1. Spinning Stars

Just needs quilting, binding and gifting....
Pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew.




2. Splitting Squares Quilt

Another long term WIP, mainly because it was lacking a purpose, this week I've added a border to this and it's destined for Siblings Together. Pattern by Anna at Quilting Along the Grain

.


3. Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt

Another long term WIP, again already started working on it this week so it should be making it's way to Siblings Together soon.




4. Simply Solids Wonky Stars Quilt

I made progress with this in January and got the top pieced, but it's the lack of basting space that's the issue again and it got put to one side. I have plans to have a basting session on my craft room floor while it's empty so hoping this can be done and shipped soon.

                           


5. Noodlehead divided baskets

Hasn't been touched in the last quarter - after I've had my quilting binge I really should get this done, I keep moving this pile around my sewing room (well I did it's now packed in a box...)




6. Aragaon Bag

As I said in my Quarter 1 review I did make the Aragaon bag, but it isn't really finished as the way the lining is sewn in isn't good and there's a hole in the bottom - I've used it at Leeds MQG twice but it really needs some soul destroying unpicking and remaking without the sewn in lining and the hole and then some matching accessories making - I will move onto this after the quilts....




7. Sew Together Bag

Haven't touched this EPP - need to mix this in with the crochet.



8. Star EPP cushion

I did make a *tiny* bit of process with this in quarter one - think I just need to get a finished layout sorted so I know what I'm doing - I wasn't quite sure when I took it to London....




9. Home Sweet Home Quilt - Leeds MQG for Siblings Together

At our March meeting we made lots and lots of Home Sweet Home blocks, with ones we'd kindly been sent we had enough for two quilts tops there and then and started with blocks to make a third. I bought these and the leftover charm squares we'd collected home and after raiding my stash for more 'girly' fabrics to add to these leftover squares I managed to make the remaining 24 9 patches I needed. These need cutting, sewing back together as blocks, piecing into a top, basting and quilting.....



10. Pinwheel Quilt

I started this last week when I should have been finishing one of the things above, then had a change of heart so it's going on the list, not to be touched until some of the things above have been finished but don't want this becoming a long term WIP.



So 10 projects - 3 months - best get cracking... 

I'm linking up with Adrianne at On the Windy Side who is kindly hosting the 2015 Finish-Along: 


 2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


1 comment:

  1. Lots of great projects to work on over the next three months. I love your wonky stars quilt!!

    ReplyDelete