Wednesday 1 October 2014

Fresh Sewing Day - that was September or third time lucky


Don't have a lot to show for September looking back through my photos which is sad. 

Sewing wise things started well, I had a great day at Leeds Modern Quilt Guild and got something on my finish along list finished, albeit the easiest one. Then my in laws came to stay, for a total of 26 hours, but it meant all my sewing bits that were in the dining room were shoved unceremoniously into my sewing room and the door shut (just about) and 3 and 1/2 weeks later I've not touched my machine since. 

It's been another hard month at work and I haven't found Guiding easy to get back into after the summer break either. On the positive side I've done a fair bit of gardening during the daylight hours I have been home so that's been nice and productive even if not in the sewing sense. We also have our shed at last (funded by my fabric destash at the start of the year) so we have filled that with gardening things from the garage which in turn should allow some things currently in the house to go into the garage and make some more space inside too. 

I've found myself crocheting a lot this month. I finished my vstitch blanket and also made a whole little one for my friend's impending arrival. I also made my very first baby hat for him/her too and finally a random crochet block too from a crochet a long (which I intend to add to in time, I'm hoping it'll improve my skills). 

So this is the sum total of my makes for September:


But I'm going to get some of the ironing mountain finished tonight and then I intend to get my machine out and sew something, anything, just sew! 

Hope you all had more fruitful Septembers sewing wise than I did and that you have brilliant Octobers. I have another holiday to look forward to and after my productivity whilst away in June the sewing machine is definitely being packed this time too. 

I'm linking up with Lynne, both for fresh sewing day and small blog link up as my fledgeling blog is tiny at the moment. Have a great October everyone. 


                          

2 comments:

  1. I love the pillow! sometimes it is quality rather then quantity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only one who didn't do a lot in September.

    ReplyDelete