Wednesday 8 April 2015

Fresh Sewing Day - March round up

Ok so the 8th April is probably a little late to post a 'fresh sewing day' but last week I wasn't in the mood to blog or even share photos on instagram and then with the bank holiday weekend I haven't been on my desktop machine.

Although March was quieter work and volunteering wise, we spent 2 weekends away with family and had a few days away in London. Nick also went away with work so there seemed to be lots of packing and unpacking of suitcases.

I did manage a finish-along finish though, the posy quilt I blogged about, and worked on a few other crafty bits.

So sewing wise there were blocks for Jo @Rose&Dahlia and 5 more for Mary Emmens Home Sweet Home quilts to add to the 5 of those I made in February. Rounding off the Siblings Together Contributions for the month we had a Siblings Together Quilt Drive at Leeds MQG and although I didn't take any photos that day, others did here. I took home some leftover blocks, nine patches and charm squares and then cut 71  'girly' charms from my stash to fit our colour pallatte and made 24 more nine patches, these are ready to make into a quilt this week.

I also attended a Staple Dress Class at Simply Solids - I finished it but I think the neckline needs adapting to suit me better - I need to have a play with it again at some point. I also made foundation pieced stars for my contribution to the Leeds MQG Round Robin this month.


There was the Posy Quilt which I blogged about, a Lola pouch by Svetlana which was for my mum and was a great pattern to make, definitely will make more of these. Finally a pair of anitmacassars for my parents' conservatory - 35 3.5 inch squares in each, cross hatch quilting, bound - just like mini quilts.



I made some progress on my Sophie's Universe Crochet Along that's me sitting at my parents dining table working on it. It's got a bit big to take on public transport now so I took some EPP on our trip to London and did some on the tube on the way back from Kew. I also pulled out this long term WIP Granny Stripe blanket, that I made in February to April 2013 then stopped. This month I've done the top red stripe up, great for mindless TV crocheting. Annoyingly I forgot to pack any crochet or EPP for our second weekend away but I did all the driving so it would only have been a couple of hours in the hotel room anyway.

So that's a belated round up of March - certainly a lot of variety in what I've made and a Finish-Along finish too.

Linking up with:
Fresh Sewing Day






No comments:

Post a Comment