Tuesday 6 January 2015

Baby Lattice Quilt - Finish Along finish number 2

I remember seeing Laura Jane @NeedlePins&BakingTins Baby Lattice Quilt and knowing I wanted to make one. It's a great pattern by Amy Smart @Diaryofaquilter on Moda Bake Shop

In November 2013 I wanted to make a quilt for friends who had just had a baby and thought of this one. I started cutting rainbow charms from my stash:


Then the sashing and sewed a few bits together. Then I got into Christmas panic, dumped the bits in a bag in a corner of my sewing room only to resurface when I joined the quarter 3 finish a long in July:


In August I did some unpicking, and lots more sewing & pressing & finished the quilt top:


It went back on my quarter 4 finish a long list, and was quickly basted on holiday, thanks to my husband:


Then I tried to do a bit of wiggly line quilting but it didn't look right so I went for some straight lines following the design:


More holiday quilting:


Picking the binding:


Sewing the binding on:



Hand finishing the binding on the way home:


Again stacked on the back of the sofa for a couple of months:


Finished quilt:


So this quilt, and my other finished plus one need washing, labelling and posting out to the babies of University friends I planned to send them to before the girls are far too old for them. Less procrastinating in 2015 please Helen.

Linking up with Katy @TheLittlestThistle and Finish a long 2014 quarter 4:




No comments:

Post a Comment