Monday 5 January 2015

Goodbye 2014 - Belated Fresh Sewing Day

My in-laws came to stay over New Year so Christmas was rather extended this year and opportunities to blog limited. 

I did manage to make a few mosaics though. 

These are my December finishes. 

Firstly my Sparkle Punch quilt which I mentioned in my last blog post, amazingly finished and received my by mum on her 60th birthday, 2 1/2 weeks after I started it. She bought it back over Christmas so I could take some better photos (well my husband could) which I will share in a blog post too. 

I also tested Erin @dogundermydesk new pattern Take Off Tote in between making the quilt. It's a brilliant bag, this is going to be a gift and I'm going to make another one in colours that are more me for taking to work.


I also finished a couple of Michelle's Patterns dumplings for gifts for our secret santa at work and another work colleague who I wanted to thank. and worked more on my my current epp project while we had guests, it's bigger than this now! 

Finally I actually finished something on my finish along list in between sets of relatives - it's a quilt made from blocks from Katy Jones @I'magingermonkey book and needs it's own post now for the finish a long.

So I'm pretty pleased with my December efforts considering Christmas, work, volunteering and all the other things going on. January is going to be all about busting the rest of my finish a long list that I'm carrying over and a few other half finished things too and enjoying playing on my new sewing machine... 

I'm linking up with Lynne, both for fresh sewing day and small blog link up as my fledgling blog is tiny at the moment. Have a great January everyone. 


                          

No comments:

Post a Comment