Monday 5 January 2015

Plus Quilt - Finish Along Finish number 1

I actually finished 2 of the projects on my quarter 4 finish along list pretty soon after I wrote the list, but never blogged about them.

The first is this plus quilt, I started cutting the squares in September 2013, playing about with my then still pretty new Sizzix machine. I cut the rest at the April 2014 Leeds MQG meeting and the following day started playing with layout. Thanks to friends on Instagram I decided on this layout and sewed it together.



In July when I was putting together my Finish a long quarter 3 list I pulled the quilt top out, photographed it and added it to the list, and did the same with my quarter 4 list...


It then went on holiday to Southwold with me where the lovely big floor spaced enabled easy basting to happen (with help from my lovely husband).



A quilting station was set up on the dining table and I just quilted a simple 1/4 inch away from all the seam lines 36 39inch long lines of quilting. Watching Kinky Boots at this point.


More quilting - only took 2 hours to do it all.




All quilted and trimmed, again instagram helped with binding decisions.



After a couple of failed attempts with machine binding (I didn't have any suitable thread, and then had no needles so had to buy some) I hand finished the binding.


Then it came home, with the other one I finished on holiday, and sat in my living room for a couple of months.



But here it is, 39 inches square, kiss dots from a bundle I got from Pink Castle Fabrics the backing also came from their in a sale. The binding is Rain from Simply Solids.



So this quilt, and my other finished rainbow ones need washing, labelling and posting out to the babies of University friends I planned to send them to before the girls are far too old for them. Less procrastinating in 2015 please Helen.

Linking up with Katy @TheLittlestThistle and Finish a long 2014 quarter 4:


Finish Along 2014













1 comment: